(This is a one day class on March 24th).
About the workshop
In this single day workshop we will embrace the beauty of messy rope. Exploring the potential of very unstructured ties first on the ground we will dive into tension management, fixing problems down the line, and containing the figure. From there, we will explore through partial and full suspension two methodologies of safely creating chaos- first by imposing order on an existing chaotic system, and finally by allowing ordered ties to disintegrate into controlled chaos in the air. We’ll also talk line management, emergency procedures for when the mess gets out of hand, and getting out of corners we’ve tied ourselves into. Bottoms will learn strategies for identifying issues in advance, as well as sensation management techniques for sustaining unusual positions.
Who can come to this class? Are there pre-requisites?
• Completion of ‘Intro to Suspension’ (Course 4) of equivalent gives both riggers and models/bottoms/partners the necessary pre-requisites for this course.
• Riggers must comfortable/proficient with suspensions & basic transitions.
• Riggers and models/bottoms/partners must know how to check for nerve impingement.
• Ideally pairs must have tied together prior to this class.
• Rope models/bottoms/partners should be very familiar with the differences between nerve and circulation impingement. Models must be able to recognise and communicate signs of nerve impingement to riggers effectively and timely. Models should be able to process pain and take some enjoyment in intense sensations.
Who teaches this class? This workshop is taught by Tifereth.
Tifereth’s introduction to rope bondage came in 2011 in the form of a surprisingly enjoyable futomomo tsuri. Since then she’s drawn on her dual background in high-performance athletics and figurative arts to push herself physically and aesthetically on both ends of the rope. Known for her dynamic style of sadism, performative rope and creative approach to harness construction, she loves conveying her passion through engaging hands-on methods of instruction. A veteran educator and performer with credits including Prague Shibari Festival, Bondage Expo Dallas, Eurix, Helsinki Shibari, Shibaricon, as well as weekend workshops and performances all over the globe, she is most often found wherever the weird stuff is.
When does it take place? This is workshop takes place Sunday March 24th (1-7pm).
How much does this cost? £100 per couple
Where do I book a ticket? Ticket link here.