We are very strict about pre-requisites for this class. Showing up to this class unprepared puts your model and other participants at risk, so we will only allow those who have completed Course 2 & 3 or who have taken private tuition with us to meet the pre-requisites to book into this class.
Where can I find the full class program? It is listed on our event listings here.
Who can come to this class? Are there pre-requisites?
This class has pre-requisites for riggers and rope bottoms/models – please make sure you meet these before booking to avoid disappointment on the day:
- Completion of Course 2 gives both riggers and models the necessary pre-requisites for this course.
- Riggers must be able to tie a structural 3 rope Takate Kote in under 12 minutes. This will be tested at the start of the class.
- Pairs must tie with 6mm jute ropes, preferably single ply.
- Riggers must know how to check for nerve impingement. You must inform your model of the risks of rope suspension.
- Riggers and models must have tied together prior to this class.
- Rope bottoms should be able to be tied in a Takate Kote and be very familiar with the differences between nerve and circulation impingement. Models must be able to recognise and communicate signs of nerve impingement to riggers effectively and timely. Models should be able to process pain and take some enjoyment in intense sensations.
What should I bring and what do I wear? We have ropes you can use during the class and we have a communal kitchenette, fridge and microwave. Tea and coffee are free but you should bring your food and snacks (we have plates and cutlery you can use). People usually wear comfortable clothing like yoga or dance attire. We advise against loose fitting clothing and also jeans can sometimes feel a bit restrictive to move around in and difficult to tie on.
When does it take place? This is a full weekend class. It takes place on a Saturday and Sunday from 1pm to 7pm.
Upcoming dates: December 7-8
What is the class like? We know it can be intimidating to step into a rope bondage class so the classes we host have been created to make you feel welcome, accepted and comfortable. Anatomie Studio is an inclusive space welcoming of people of all colours, genders, orientations and background. Our events are friendly, welcoming and educational. For more information about our philosophy and values, see here, and for resources about getting tied, tying and rope in general, see here.
Who teaches this class? The class is taught by studio owner Anna Bone and Fred Hatt.
How much does this cost? £175 per couple for the weekend.
Where do I book tickets? Ticket link coming soon.
Facebook event listings here.