We are so excited to bring back Kristina Marlen for an inspiring weekend of ropes! Kristina first came to London in the summer of 2016 and had an amazing impact on the studio’s rope life, we cannot wait to welcome her back!
Who can come to this class? Are there pre-requisites?
This class has pre-requisites for riggers and rope bottoms/models – please make sure you meet these before booking to avoid disappointment on the day:
Pre-requisites for Saturday:
- All levels, beginners and more advanced crowd welcome.
- Minimum knowledge of a single-column tie
Pre-requisites for Sunday:
- Completion of Course 2 gives both riggers and models the necessary pre-requisites for this course.
- Riggers must be able to tie a structural 3 rope Takate Kote in under 10 minutes and be comfortable with suspensions & basic transitions.
- Pairs must tie with 6mm jute ropes, preferably single ply.
- Riggers must know how to check for nerve impingement. You must inform your model of the risks of rope suspension.
- Riggers and models must have tied together prior to this class.
- Rope bottoms should be able to be tied in a Takate Kote and be very familiar with the differences between nerve and circulation impingement. Models must be able to recognise and communicate signs of nerve impingement to riggers effectively and timely. Models should be able to process pain and take some enjoyment in intense sensations.
What should I bring and what do I wear? Bring your own ropes and suspension gear. We have a communal kitchenette, fridge and microwave, so feel free to bring lunch/snacks. Tea and coffee are free. People usually wear comfortable clothing like yoga or dance attire. We advise against loose fitting clothing and also jeans can sometimes feel a bit restrictive to move around in and difficult to tie on.
When does it take place? This is workshop takes place Saturday & Sunday from 1pm to 7pm. You can book for Saturday only, Sunday only, or all 2 days.
Who teaches this class? This workshop is taught by guest presenter Kristina Marlen.
Bio coming soon. Website at www.marlen.me.
How much does this cost? £90 per couple for Saturday or Sunday only. £175 for the weekend. Or pay a £50 deposit (refundable).
Where do I book tickets? Ticket link here. Pre-bookings now open.
Facebook event listing: here.